Thursday, May 28, 2009

This & That: Volume I

Well, it has been crazy around here lately.  Seems like I'm always playing catch-up on the blog.  I'm really trying to be better but things always seem to get in the way.  I am always just posting pictures and telling the story of the pictures, but in doing so I am looking over all the really cool things that go on around here when the camera isn't shooting.  So, I this post will be a little bit of this and that and I am going to try and include a lot more Tag-isms in the blog.  He is talking so much now and it is pretty darn funny (if you ask me).

***
First off, I thought I would share the stats from Tag's 2 year doctors appointment.   This appointment was about 6 weeks ago (catching-up, remember?).  He measures 35 1/4 inches which is in the 75th percentile and weights 29 lbs. and 8 oz. which is in the 65th percentile.  We can tell just recently that he is reaching things so much easier and we think he has had a little growth spurt.

***
Tag has a book that is one of his favorite's called "I Like Trucks" and now he goes around saying "I Like Fruit" or "I Like Circles."   It was pretty funny because one morning (while looking at his monitor) I caught him saying "I Like Trucks" over and over while he was still in his crib.

***
Tag also enjoys singing.  He knows a few songs and will sing them with me.  Over the last few months he has surprised us by knowing his ABC's.  We haven't caught them on film because he won't sing when we get the camera out.  Just last week he came home from school and just started singing "Happy Birthday."  It is so fun to see him retaining the things he has been learning at school.

***
Want a little boy to be your best friend?  Give him a balloon.  Sunday was my good friend Val's birthday and her husband had brought some balloons to our class and he shared one with Tag.  Tag plays with that balloon every day.  He gets one of us to get it for him and then her runs around the house saying "Let's Go!"

 ***
There isn't much to say about the picture below.  I just thought it was cute.  It was taken a few weeks ago.  Tag does not like to come in the house when we get home in the afternoons.  He takes his own sweet time and likes to stop and pick weeds (which he calls "bubbles") and look at bugs.  Typical boy!  And yes, if you're wondering, he doesn't have pants on in the picture... enough said.
***
Last week when Tag got up from a nap he put his finger to his lips and said "hmmmm."  I am not sure where he learned that, but it is pretty funny.  Then this past Saturday when he woke up from his nap I was talking to him and said "I have an idea."  So he then started saying that too.  Now he will say "hmmmm, I have an idea!"  B.J. and I can't help but laugh.

***
About 2 weeks ago our fish Pete said his final goodbye.  He hasn't been doing well for awhile and in fact he started doing weird things (like swimming upside down) in July of last year.  You can read my post about it here.  I've been worried about him and checking on him frequently.  So one morning I went to look in on him and he was gone.  I called B.J. and he informed me that yes, Pete was gone and that he had a "Cosby" style funeral for him that morning.  Kind of sad since we got him right after we got married, but 7 years really is a long time to have a fish!

***
If you don't know, I work for my mom.  She has had her Interior Design studio in the same spot for 26 years.  I was 4 when she moved there.  It holds a lot of memories for me since I pretty much grew up there.  I started working for her when Tag was 2.5 months old so he has spent quite a bit of time at that office as well.  So it has been a little bittersweet for me.  He has done a lot of the same things that I did as a kid, the difference is that he won't remember them like I do.  The picture below was taken a few weeks ago.  Tag was stacking up some of the solid surface samples like they were blocks.  They kept him entertained for over an hour.  I don't know very many two year old boys that know about tile, carpet and fabric samples.

Her new office is at home and that has already proved a little easier on Tag.  He had no school this week and he was excited each day to go to Gran's house... probably because there is a TB (or as we would call it a TV).


Whew... I'm tired writing all that and I bet you're tired from reading.  So look forward to more "This & That" posts to come.

No comments: