Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pete the Fish is Alive!


Pete is our VERY large goldfish. B.J. and I got him and (his fish friend Pistol) shortly after we got married. We've had him for about 6.5 years. When we got them, they were tiny. Pistol had black on his tail and Pete did not. As they grew, the black went away and they looked the same. So we did not know which was which. They weren't supposed to get as big as they did and about 4 years ago one of them died. We weren't sure which one, so now we call the one that is left Pete.
Today when we got home from the library and Pete was gone. I felt bad and called B.J. to let him know. He (as the fish caretaker) said he would take care if him tonight. I checked on Pete a few times, he wasn't moving. After awhile I decided I should go unplug the filter... imagine my surprise when he was swimming around and very much alive. I called B.J. back to say... Pete is Alive!
I decided that I would take a picture of him, since we had none. It looks like there is two fish in the picture, but really it is just his reflection, but isn't he the biggest goldfish you have seen!

No comments: