We had a very good weekend... sometimes half of the Saturday is over and we have accomplished nothing. I know that is probably how a weekend should be, but sometimes it feels so good to do some things and it just so happens that this weekend I did some things that were new for me. Ever since my trip a few weeks ago to visit my cousin D, I've been trying to put some of the things she is good at into practice in our daily lives. Those things would be eating more fresh foods as well as thinking more about the environment through recycling and reusing.
For the last few weeks I've tried to take reusable bags with me while shopping or not taking a plastic bag if one is not needed. I've been successful in getting the bags as far as the car and about a handful of times I've remembered to take them into the store.
As for eating more fresh foods, I finally made it to the farmers market. I have been wanting to go for quite sometime. I got up at 6:30 and made it by 7:30 so that I could get a good selection. I was able to get what I thought we would eat (and not let go bad) and headed home. I immediately washed my food. They didn't have any fruits, so I got Tag ready and we went to Whole Foods Market. It has been years since I have been hear. We got some organic fruits (I usually don't care one way or the other, but I figure it might be better for Tag) and some hormone free meats for us to grill. While we were out we stopped by my Dad's garden to pick some flowers.
Once we were home I worked at cutting all the veggies and fruit. Something I usually dread, but enjoyed this day. Tag also enjoyed the new fruits he got to eat. At the market they had nectarines to sample and Tag enjoyed it so much I bought him one for his lunch. He at the whole thing! Then for dinner all he wanted was strawberries.
In the afternoon while Tag napped, I also spent 2 hours cleaning the kitchen (which I also usually hate). While I cleaned B.J. put Tag's new outdoor toy together. Tag was excited to see the slide in the back yard. I will post pictures of that soon.
Needless to say I felt like an earth mama with my farmers market, fresh flower cutting, fruit and veggie eating self!
We will be heading back to the farmers market on Wednesday to get more veggies since they are already gone! This weekend Tag had nectarine, peach, strawberries, cucumbers, green pepper, cucumber and yellow squash. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment