Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Sweetest Things...

Tag is a sweet boy, independent but sweet. We are very lucky with his temperament. For the last few weeks he has been learning things and surprising us on a daily basis. He definitely keeps us on our toes...

Tonight when I told him it was bedtime, I put out my hand out, he took it and we walked hand in hand to his room. It was just the sweetest thing. Every time we have a moment like that a wave of thankfulness sweeps over me. In that instance I realized that Tag was so worth the wait. That even though I couldn't see why God made us wait to have a little one of our own here on earth, he knew what he was doing.


Here is what he has learned to do:

1) He can now eat with a fork. He learned this all from observation.


2) He now wants to put his dirty clothes in his hamper all by himself. Sometimes other things make it in there as well.


3) He knows to put his hand up and let you hold it when he gets to stairs. He is also agreeable to let you hold his hand most of the time when you ask.


4) If you ask him if he would like milk, he will go to the refrigerator door.


5) Shoes: He loves his shoes. If you ask him if he wants to take his shoes off he will bend down and undo the Velcro. He also really enjoys to have his shoes on. He will go get his shoes out of the drawer in his room and ask you to put them on him. Last week he did this with his tennis shoes and he was already wearing sandals. He let me put the tennis shoes on and he wore them to school... only for me to realize that they were too small later that day. We had his foot measured this weekend and he now needs wide shoes and a size bigger. Thanks to Giai he has new sandals!


6) He now says "no" a lot. It isn't' too bad, but he can definitely tell you when he doesn't want to do something. He can also say "yssss" for yes and will say this repeatedly if he wants something.


7) He understands a lot. If he wants to eat he goes to the pantry or his chair. For example, he says "fsss" for gold fish.


8) He now has a tendency to want to climb on things... mostly Mommy, Daddy & Maddie


9) If he has a dirty diaper and I ask if he needs a new diaper, he will go into his room.


10) At bedtime if I ask him if he wants to go to sleep, he goes to the kitchen cabinet where we keep the pacifiers (which he only gets at nap & bedtime) and reaches up. When I give him the pacifier he will turn around and walk back to his room to go to sleep.


11) Today he undid the child-proof latch to the trash... I have a video of it that I need to post. He opened it and shut it over and over, however he seemed to forget about it the rest of the day.




I know that I am forgetting some of his accomplishments, but I'm sure that I will cover them in other posts. Enjoy this picture of Tag putting dirty clothes in his hamper.

No comments: