Saturday, January 29, 2011

Woo-hoo!




It's been 5 1/2 months since we moved into our house. It's been 5 1/2 months of working on one project or another trying to get our home put together. We are a long way from finished, but one of the projects that we started on day one was painting the kitchen & kitchen cabinets. Painting with enamel paint is really no fun & it's a slow process. We removed all doors & drawers to the cabinets. We finished painting the base cabinets & drawers many months ago. The cabinet doors are a different story. As life got busy & there were more pressing things to be done they remained in a big stack in the garage. Finally after Christmas I got back to it. I had to do them in small sections due to limited space. Today I painted the last coat on the last set of doors!!! Now it's BJ's turn to put them on as soon as they dry. I can't wait!

Does this mean I get to take a break??? Heck no. Here's a short list of what we're working on now.

-Gutting, prepping & painting BJ's closet so he can install his new closet organizing system we bought.

-Remove everything but the toilet in our 1/2 bath to paint, install new vanity & sink, light fixture and blind.

-Continue working on utility by installing the drying racks & storage closet we got at Ikea as well as new light fixtures.

-Prep entry/front hallway to paint.


No comments: