Friday, August 28, 2009

I need your support!


First off, I really hate asking people for things... but right now I am not only going to ask you for help, I am going to BEG.

On September 17th, 2009 M.E.N.D. Tulsa is hosting our first Bunco Bash! It will be at 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at First Baptist Tulsa. This is going to be a fun night. Dinner and snacks are included as well as the chance to win a lot of great prizes!!!

How can you help?

Participate in this great event. The flier below has all of the information and you will see that it says a "suggest $10 donation" to play. This is a fundraiser and while the minimum suggested donation to play is $10... we do hope that you would consider donating a little more!

OR

If you do not live in the Tulsa area or for some reason cannot attend the event, I ask that you please consider donating to M.E.N.D. You can send donations (tax deductible I might add) to M.E.N.D. Tulsa, PO Box 283, Owasso OK 74055.

Why should you help?

M.E.N.D. (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death) is a Christian, non-profit organization that reaches out to families who have suffered the loss of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death. This is something this desperately needed by many families and was not available until we opened this chapter of M.E.N.D. in Tulsa last year. We have had women drive great distances to attend our monthly support groups.

Why is this important to me?

This organization is very important to me... you see B.J. and I experienced the loss of 2 babies to miscarriage, one in June of 2005 and the other in April of 2006. Those experiences were very difficult and we felt very alone. M.E.N.D. did not open its doors in Tulsa until April of 2008. This group has come to mean a lot to me over the last year and half.

You can learn more about M.E.N.D. by clicking here and more about the M.E.N.D. Tulsa Bunco Bash by clicking here. If you would like to participate or have any other questions, leave a message on this post or send me an email.

1 comment:

Gaia said...

I'll bring a donation Saturday.