Friday, August 7, 2009

This & That: Volume 6

Today I found out that I won a blog contest! I love winning and I don't do it very often. The only other time I won a blog contest was back in December and it was on this same blog. This time I won a GoodNites tote bag filled with lots of cool stuff, you can see it here and here you can see my entry that won.

***

Funny picture of Tag riding in B.J.'s truck. He couldn't quite get that hard hat to fit his head...maybe because it was backwards.


***

We got tracks!!! Last Sunday evening we picked up some tracks that we are going to borrow from the Strickland family. I babysat for their oldest son (who turns 16 this year) in high school and once upon a time played Thomas the trains with him. Tag is so excited to have his own tracks and they have taken up permanent residence on our family room floor.


***

This is a picture of Tag modeling his "spider" hat that he made at school last session. This is the first time he has worn it and let me take a picture. Tag is also into wearing his stocking cap everywhere... even in 90 degree weather. I have yet to capture a picture of it.


***

Tag is talking a lot and repeating some funny phrases... he uses them at the right times too.

The other night when we were giving him a bath I asked him to do something and he said "In a minute." B.J. and I almost couldn't contain our laughter.

Yesterday he saw chocolate milk in the fridge and asked what it was. I told him and he said he wanted some. So I put some in his cup and after his first drink he said "What happened to that!" It was so funny! He only drank about 3 drinks before he said "I don't want it."

There are so many other funny things that I should be writing down because I forget them!

***

Tag finally got new shoes today. He's been growing out of all of his shoes over the last few weeks. I finally found some I liked but had to order them from the store... then I decided to wait to pick them up until the tax free holiday. So today we went and got them. Tag was so excited and they look great! The salesman even gave him a really cool ball.

This is a picture of Tag in the car after we got his shoes. You can kind of see the shoes but I think it is funny all the stuff he has with him... he has his ball, juice and cereal. What more could he ask for? He wasn't really scared, he had quit smiling before I could take the picture. Notice this picture is post-haircut. It was way past due!


No comments: