
Wednesday night we went out on the town to celebrate my birthday. About a year ago my friendVal went to Hot Club of Cowtown in concert and loved them. She is a pro at making mixed CD's and I too enjoyed their music. I since checked a few of their CD's out from the library and when I found out they were coming to town just a few days after my birthday I knew that we had to go.
We went to dinner first at Elote downtown. The food was so yummy and we were happy to be there for $2 puffy taco night. We were stuffed by the time we made it to Cain's, but we were ready for the show.
Doug & Val attended the concert too and were nice enough to grab a table for us and Zane a nice gentleman they had met while in line to get in.
The concert was so great. To see them play you couldn't help but smile. They have such energy and I just love all the songs they play! I even splurged and got their brand spankin' new CD as well as a poster. During the intermission I was able to get all 3 of them to sign the poster as well!



Val & I with Elana James from Hot Club of Cowtown!

Val & I with Zane, our friend during the concert. He told us that he had learned of the band by listening to them on You Tube. He also had a large book with him that had the first 3 pages FULL of different autographs from many well know musicians. Apparently we were deemed trustworthy as he left the book at the table with us many times. He also bought (3) of their CD's. I'm sure that his wife is going to wonder who these 2 girls are... he had us take a picture on his camera too!

No comments:
Post a Comment