Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to... me!

I feel kind of silly writing a post about my birthday, but it has been such fun celebrating this year! The celebration started on Friday at lunch where my good friends Val, Katie, Erika & Sacha met Tag and I for lunch at Old School Bagel. What fun it was to be with friends, but of course I didn't get a picture. Then on Sunday my parents treated us to brunch at the Chalkboard downtown. It was yummy and we were stuffed!

Then today was my birthday. I told Tag that it was my birthday and he sang to me several times and asked me where my birthday hat was. It was fun to have him kind of understand! We did a little grocery shopping and then went to the library for a special music program. Emily brought Ella & Jacob to that as well and it sure was fun to see the 3 of them interact together.

Then we met my mom and Aunt Lea for lunch at Joe Momma's pizza downtown. After lunch we did a little shopping at Dwelling Spaces. Tag was the proud recipient of a new stuffed owl and I used a gift certificate to purchase a "I heart Tulsa" t-shirt.

After lunch we went back to Gran's for just a bit and Tag discovered my "Eliot Elementary Bobcats" backpack that my dad must have unearthed over the weekend. Tag excitedly filled it with his cars and wanted to wear it on his back. He also found his pipe cleaner "helmet" and boy did he look funny in his attire.

This evening we went to dinner at Cosi and then the three of us went on our first shopping excursion to Whole Foods. Last week I went to a coupon class there and we decided we would start shopping there some. I think B.J. had a lot of fun looking at all of the different foods and I liked having him with me to shop.

The celebrating isn't over. On Wednesday we'll be headed to the Hot Club of Cowtown concert at the Cain's preceded by a dinner at Elote. What fun!

This a picture of Tag & I at lunch.

At lunch they gave me an ice cream for my birthday. Tag thought that the cherry stem was a candle and said he wanted to help blow it out. So here we are blowing the "candle" out.

At Cosi for dinner... Tag wouldn't stop for a picture.
These pictures of Tag with my old backpack & his "helmet." I told him that it was his helmet once and now that is what it is.


Thanks to everyone that has helped me celebrate my birthday and for all the emails and facebooks comments!

1 comment:

The Hoppers Family said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday!!! Yeah!
A coupon class at Whole Foods? That sounds like something I would like! :)