Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Picture Perfect Moments

Having a toddler I've come to realize that there are some very special moments that my little man can bestow upon me... which is good since we have entered the world of screaming, crying, flail about on the floor tantrums.

These moments are picture perfect, but usually a camera is not involved. They are moments that I take a mental picture of and hope to remember when he is all grown up. But chances are they are going to be some of the hardest moments to hold on to.

Tag did not go to school today. He is feeling much better but he may still be contagious. We spent the morning at work and then after lunch I brought him home for a nap. He was sleepy in the way home so I took him straight to his room and read him a few books. For the first time in many days he did not protest when I told him it was time to turn the light off. He turned his birdies on when asked and came right to me to pick him up. I held him and he cuddled his head on my shoulder. He didn't care that I swayed back and forth and whispered "I love you" in his ear. He just held on. I LOVED this moment. I wanted it to last forever, I wanted to take a picture and not forget that even my wild man can be Mommy's baby boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having your little boys head on your shoulder will be the sweetest and most memeorable moments of your life...I'm so glad that you are having them!

Love,

Mom