Last week it was really HOT! It was the first week of Tag's summer break (they have a 3 week break between summer sessions) and his friends that we do a lot of things with were out of town. So on Tuesday we braved the heat and went to the zoo. Tag had a good time and I even treated him to two rides on the train. His favorite animal of the day was the Sea Lions. The top picture in the collage shows one of them sunning himself. We also went into a building that I haven't taken Tag to before and he got to see lots of big fish. It was a nice break from the heat too! The first time we went to see the penguins they were off exhibit while their habitat was being cleaned. Tag was excited to see the zoo keeper cleaning with water... but when we came back by the penguins were back and swimming a lot!

The next day I gave Tag the option of going to the movies (aka Boofies) or going to the park to play in the water. Of course he picked the park... I took him to Riverparks because they have a new play area and splash pad. Unfortunatley we picked a day that they were treating the water. Tag still played for over an hour. I felt really bad for him because he found a puddle and played in it for a long time thinking that was the water I brought him to see.
After the park we swing by the Goodwill and found Tag a very nice Thomas book for a $1. It was a very good find for my little Thomas the Tank Engine lover.

No comments:
Post a Comment