If you talk to me very much at all, you'll know that I am really into couponing. I've always been interested in "good deals" and saving a buck, but last August I discovered couponing. I had always used them here and there but I discovered that there is a lot more to couponing that I could have imagined. It didn't take long for this as well as stockpiling to become a way of life for us.
B.J. thought I was crazy at first (and still sometimes does) but he has seen what an impact this has made on our grocery and household budget.
I don't usually say much about my couponing habit on this blog, but after a rather good trip to Super Target, I decided to post the pictures and my savings.

Here is what I got:
(1) Pampers Diapers (used $2/1 MQ and $1/1 TQ) --------- $6.99
(1) Aveeno Baby Ltion (used $1/1 TQ)--------------------------$3.54
(2) Electrosol 25 ct. Quantum Dishwasher Soap (used (2) $2.50/1 MQ & $1/1 TQ)---$.99/2
(1) Baked Lays (used $1/1 MQ & $0.50 TQ)-------------------$1.50
(2) Bagged Fresh Veggies (used (2) $1/1 TQ) --------------$1.49 each
(1) Hunt's Ketchup (used free item coupon)-------------------$0
(6) Ears Sweet Corn @ $0.15-------------------------------------$0.90
(5) Packages of Strawberries ($1/1 TQ)-------------------------$0.99 each
(2) Packages Chuck Steak ($1/1 TQ)----------------------------$3.81 /2
(2) Kellog's Mini-Wheats ($1/1 MQ) -------------------------$0.88 each
(3) Bananas----------------------------------------------------------$0.75
(1) Jennie-O Turkey ($5/1 MQ from Biggest Loser)----------$-2.01
(2) Kashi Frozen Pizzas ($3/1 MQ & $0.50/1 TQ) ---------$1.29 each
(1) Kashi Frozen Meal ($2/1 MQ & $0.50/1 TQ)--------------$0.29
(2) Kashi Frozen Waffles ($1.50/1 MQ & $0.25/1 TQ)-------$0.24 each
(2) Digorno Flatbread Melts (free item coupon)---------------$0 each
(4) Edy's Ice Cream Cups ($1/1 TQ) --------------------------$0.19 each
(1) Children's Motrin ($1/1 MQ & $2/1 TQ)--------------------$2.12
(1) Rayovac Batteries AA 2-pack ($1/1 MQ)--------------------$0
(1) $2.50 bag at 75% off--------------------------------------------$0.62
(5) $1 section items at 75% off (not pictured)--------------$1.25
(10) Sobe Life Waters (used 5 B1G1 Free MQ)-----------------$0 each after Target $5 Gift Card Offer
(1) Aveeno Baby Ltion (used $1/1 TQ)--------------------------$3.54
(2) Electrosol 25 ct. Quantum Dishwasher Soap (used (2) $2.50/1 MQ & $1/1 TQ)---$.99/2
(1) Baked Lays (used $1/1 MQ & $0.50 TQ)-------------------$1.50
(2) Bagged Fresh Veggies (used (2) $1/1 TQ) --------------$1.49 each
(1) Hunt's Ketchup (used free item coupon)-------------------$0
(6) Ears Sweet Corn @ $0.15-------------------------------------$0.90
(5) Packages of Strawberries ($1/1 TQ)-------------------------$0.99 each
(2) Packages Chuck Steak ($1/1 TQ)----------------------------$3.81 /2
(2) Kellog's Mini-Wheats ($1/1 MQ) -------------------------$0.88 each
(3) Bananas----------------------------------------------------------$0.75
(1) Jennie-O Turkey ($5/1 MQ from Biggest Loser)----------$-2.01
(2) Kashi Frozen Pizzas ($3/1 MQ & $0.50/1 TQ) ---------$1.29 each
(1) Kashi Frozen Meal ($2/1 MQ & $0.50/1 TQ)--------------$0.29
(2) Kashi Frozen Waffles ($1.50/1 MQ & $0.25/1 TQ)-------$0.24 each
(2) Digorno Flatbread Melts (free item coupon)---------------$0 each
(4) Edy's Ice Cream Cups ($1/1 TQ) --------------------------$0.19 each
(1) Children's Motrin ($1/1 MQ & $2/1 TQ)--------------------$2.12
(1) Rayovac Batteries AA 2-pack ($1/1 MQ)--------------------$0
(1) $2.50 bag at 75% off--------------------------------------------$0.62
(5) $1 section items at 75% off (not pictured)--------------$1.25
(10) Sobe Life Waters (used 5 B1G1 Free MQ)-----------------$0 each after Target $5 Gift Card Offer
So the grand total out of pocket expense was $40.42 and my total savings was $95.42 which includes the sales that I took advantage of. If you are wondering, I abbreviated Manufacture Coupon with MQ and Target Coupon with TQ. Manufacturer coupons can be found in the newspaper, online or even on tear pads at grocery stores. Target coupons can be found on the Target website or Hot Coupon World and sometimes I get them in the mail or at check-out. You can use one Manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon per item purchased which is called stacking.
I find a lot of these deal scenarios online as well as compare the ad to coupons that I have or can get. I used to get most of our grocery deals and stock-up items at Homeland and Walgreens, but lately due to changes in the way they do things it has been easier (and funner) to go to Target.
2 comments:
I can't believe all of those purchases!
Love, Mom
You scored big time! Thanks for being my coupon mentor. :)
Post a Comment