Thursday, July 23, 2009

One Sick Boy


Poor Tag is sick. He was very cranky Tuesday night and then on Wednesday morning he had a 101 degree temperature but no other symptoms.... that was until lunchtime when he wouldn't eat or drink because his mouth hurt. I convinced him to let me look in his mouth and I saw spots. I called the doctor and the nurse thought it was Hand, Foot & Mouth virus although he did not have spots on his hands or feet. He was also telling me that he had a bug in his ear, but since he had no drainage the nurse said I could wait to bring him in.

Fast forward till 4 p.m. when I discovered more spots and drainage from his ear. His doctor squeezed us in at 5:45 thank goodness! Tag did in fact have an ear infection to go with the HFM virus. We got drops and an antibiotic for the ear infection and nothing for the HFM. He now has spots and blisters all over his body including his mouth. He hasn't eaten anything today and only will drink a little milk.

I think he's seen about 20 movies (not really, but "TB" is the only thing that makes him happy) and has spent lots of time on the sofa.

Yesterday he actually fell asleep on the sofa which is something he has never done before. It only lasted a few minutes until Maddie barked and woke him up.

Then I convinced him to eat some ice cream... only when you're sick do you get to eat on the sofa. Notice the blankets... for some reason he now wants to sit on top of blankets on the sofa... my only guess is that he is copying off of Maddie who is always laying on her blanket.


4 comments:

The Hoppers Family said...

Bless his heart! I hope that he feels better soon. :(

Gaia said...

Poor baby! If you need help, call me. Class at university is over. Give him my love.

Anonymous said...

This is Friday the 24th, I hope he is feeling better today.

Love
Aunt Lea

Anonymous said...

It is so surprising that he has both a virus and an ear infection at the same time. I hope he will begin to feel better very soon. It's so hard to see your baby not feeling well and not being able to eat at the same time. Give him a kiss for me....

Love, Gran