Let there be ice... and no, not the same ice as seen in the picture above. The picture is of our backyard during the December 2007 ice storm. The storm that caused lots of things to shut down and displaced us from our home for the better part of a week and when all was said and done our ice maker never turned back on.
Two weeks ago I (finally) called a repair man to fix our ice maker. It was one of those deals where the repair man was supposed to come anytime between 1-5 p.m. Of course it wasn't till after 5:30 that I received a call that he had been delayed. It worked out since by the time he made it to our house B.J. was home. The repair man looked at it and said we need a new motor and it was going to be quite expensive, plus he was going to have to order the part and come back. He was kind enough to tell B.J. where to get a motor and show him exactly how to fix it. He also replaced a plastic piece that was warped. We were sad that it wasn't fixed that night but were thankful that we could fix it for less ourselves.
It must have been our lucky day, because later that night (I was already in bed) B.J. heard it dump a load of ice! No new motor necessary.
The funniest thing about it is that now Tag is always asking for ice. I guess he really didn't know what it was before because it has been broken since he was 8 months old.
***
So, I've always wanted to sew... but previous attempts have not gone so well. At Thanksgiving I brought home a sewing machine from B.J.'s grandmother. It is a new machine only lacking the instruction manual. Hmmmm.... since I don't really even now how to thread a machine it was a little bit of a trick to get it going. B.J. found a tutorial online and helped me get it going. We had a few snags (literally) but after many tries I was able to get it going! I couldn't figure out how to change the switch and my friend Val stopped by to help me out. After a few tips and reading an online tutorial I was able to make these burp cloths for my friend Kim.
***
Two weeks ago Tag and I took a road trip to visit my friend Kim, her daughter Addie and her newest addition Liam as well as my friend Macy and her daughter Tess and son Harris who is only a few weeks younger than Tag. Those kiddos kept us busy! They had a good time playing and eating pizza together at Mazzio's. We got a picture of them together, which is pretty funny. Addie is on the left smiling... Tess was giving Harris a hug and so Tag had to do the same...
***
The next picture is just of me bragging on the fancy dinner I made the other day. We had some extra bell peppers and I thought I should make stuffed peppers. B.J. found a recipe online and I had everything but bread crumbs. So I found a recipe online to make my own. I was so proud of myself and the dinner was yummy too!
***
Tag says the silliest things these days. One night last week when we were on our way home from church at about 7 p.m. Tag told me "Wait a minute, I have idea!" I asked him what his idea was and he said "Hmmm...." Then he told me, I don't want to go home, "Go issss way!" I told him that we were in fact going home and then he started coming up with all sorts of excuses as to why we did not need to go home. I can't complain, I'm the one that made him that way. Ever since he was little we've been on the go.
***
The picture below is of Tag in his PJ's. One morning last week he didn't want his clothes on and I didn't want to argue, so I said get your shoes. So he goes to his room and comes back with his Hi-top converse. He usually does not want to wear these shoes. With his space pajamas the shoes looked like space boots.
***
One evening last week I was gone and B.J. put Tag to bed. He was listening to the monitor and heard Tag singing to himself. B.J. said it took him awhile to figure it out and then he realized that Tag was singing "wheels on the bus." We didn't even know he knew that song. So the next morning I asked him to sing it for me and sure enough he started singing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment