Monday, September 1, 2008

Catching Up!

I am behind in posting pictures of Tag. In an effort to catch up, here are some great pictures of Tag from August. He just seems to do something new each and every single day.

He is on the go all of the time and is saying new words and doing new things faster than we can keep track. He now blows kisses, which is very sweet and he seemed to pick that up in a matter of minutes. He now blows kisses when he hears the word kiss and says mmmmmm.... for the kissing sound.

He can say quite a few words... No, of course seems to be his favorite, but he can also say yes, bye-bye, hello, Maddie, Mama, Dada, ball, door, shoes, bubble, go, up, and out. I am sure there are others that I am forgetting!
Tag no longer uses a pacifier. We initially tried poking a hole in it... but that didn't phase him. So on the 17th (my birthday) I cut the tip off. He still wanted it, but cried himself to sleep. He did the same thing for the next few nights, but on the 3rd day at nap time, he dropped the pacifier and didn't reach for it, so I kicked it under the chair so he couldn't see it. He still cried a little, but didn't have the pacifier at all. It has now been two weeks and he still is slower to fall asleep at both nap and bedtime, but he does fairly well.
He is still learning a lot of stuff from watching mommy and daddy. Enjoy the pictures!

Puppy Love - Tag is now somewhat attached to 'puppy' who he wants to hold to go to sleep and usually wants to hold for a little bit when he first wakes up. Other than that, he really doesn't car where puppy is. Puppy actually has a hole in the bottom to hold an ice cube to putt on ouchies, but Tag doesn't care about that. I think that it is the perfect size for him to hold in his hand.

Tag likes rocking in his rocking chair and now turns around to sit in it. He usually reaches for a book and sits in his rocker to read. This was my rocker as a child so it is fun to see him enjoy it.

Tag enjoys playing in his room and has taken an interest in his blocks... dumping ALL of them out and then stacking them up and knocking them down!

One day I got my big bag out to carry some stuff and Tag was real interested in it. He thought it was hilarious when I put him in it and carried him around!

One day Tag went into the Living Room and pulled out the little bench that sits by the front door underneath a larger bench. I was expecting him to climb on it, but to my surprise he sat at it like it was a desk. The next day he did the same thing, then he got up and went to where we keep magazines and then started reading it at his 'desk.' We think he did this because Daddy reads the newspaper at the bar in the kitchen. I bet when my Papa Bill made these benches for us he didn't think they would be used as a desk!
Tag still enjoys driving his police car! I love this picture of the 3 of us. This was taken on my birthday a few weeks ago... the big 30! B.J. had invited several of our friends and my parents over for homemade ice cream and my mom made one of my favorite cakes. It was a nice surprise. Tag and Mommy playing around!


I went to a big sale that is held twice a year and got Tag a few new toys and an OSU jacket. It is a 2T which I thought would be big on him... but to my surprise it fit pretty snug and will only be good through the fall. The next day the jacket was on the couch and he brought it to me and asked to wear it. Then a few minutes later he brought me one shoe and wanted to wear it. Then he followed my instructions to go find his other shoe... the picture below shows the outfit that he picked out!


He ALWAYS is bringing us shoes and asking them to put them on his feet. We have had to hide some of them because he really only has one pair of shoes that fit him at this point. I am waiting till it gets colder to buy him more. Gaia came at the end of July and bought Tag a new pair of sandals because the others were too small... it was only 3 weeks later that those sandals didn't fit anymore. Luckily the shoe store exchanged them for a bigger pair! So you can see why I want to wait buy him shoes until it is too cold to wear sandals anymore!

No comments: