Last week at this time, Tag and I were waking up in Louisville! We went to visit my cousin D & her son C. It was about time that we made this trip and luckily we finally found a time that our schedules would work. It was a quick decision to go, but it was so much fun!
Tag now has his first trip on an airplane under his belt. He did really well. I was nervous, but hoped since they were late flights that he would sleep... which he didn't. On the way there we braved 3 take offs and 3 landings. All of which he did well on. We even had to go through security twice.
All the traveling was worth it once we got to see our cousins! D made a late night trip to pick us up from the airport and poor C slept through it all! Luckily Tag fell asleep on the way back to their house too!
We had a lazy Saturday morning catching up before heading to the Louisville Zoo. It was so nice and it was great to see the animals. Tag had an afternoon nap in his stroller, but I woke him up to play in the water park.
He was a little unsure of the water at first, but really enjoyed the big polar bear!
His clothes got wet (not from the water park) from the large cup of water he insisted on drinking himself and therefore spilling all over! He liked looking in at the chimpanzee.
After riding the carousel, it was time to head home.
After the zoo we cleaned up and headed to their favorite Mexican restaurant. It was very good!
Luckily for me Tag put himself to sleep in the pack n' play two nights in a row! He also slept late each morning, even though C sat and watched him, waiting for him to get up and play.
Sunday we headed to an orchard in Indiana. This was so much fun! An experience that I had never had before. We picked strawberries and shopped at the market.
The boys enjoyed feeding the Koi fish. Although Tag only got to watch because he mostly attempted to eat the fish food himself.
I was showing Tag all of the pretty strawberries!
I let Tag out of his stroller and he attempted to pick a strawberry, but was mostly content to play in the dirt.
Tag even was a trooper on the way home, our flight left at 6:30 a.m. which is 5:30 CST. Tag woke up and didn't go back to sleep until we were in St. Louis during our 2.5 hour layover. He was tired for a few days after this, but never fussed too much.
It was a wonderful weekend and I am so glad that we got to go. This will have to become an annual event! Thanks to D & C for a wonderful weekend! We love you and look forward to seeing you again soon!
1 comment:
Great pictures! I am glad that you all had so much fun. I might need some pointers on flying with a little one. :)
Post a Comment