First things first: I picked Tag up from school today, only to find out that he had just woken up from a nap. With that my hopes that we could take naps at the same time today went out the window. So, I decided it was time for a snack for mommy and stopped by Panera. I got a cookie so I could share a little with Tag... then I realized that this was his very first bite of real chocolate. He loved it! It was so cute to see him sitting in the booth begging for more. We saved most of the cookie for when we got home. He enjoyed it... but then I offered him some pears and he wanted those so much more! He does love his fruit!
After snacks, we took a trip to the park. I figured that since he had taken an early (kind of short) nap, he needed to play and possibly make himself tired enough to take another nap. So I lathered him in sunscreen and we headed out. He had a good time walking all around and picking up rocks, sticks and trash (yuck!). I think the picture below is so cute. He sat there for awhile and watched some other kids get in their car.
Then it was time for water!
Of course, Tag didn't end up taking a nap this afternoon.
Around 6 o'clock he was a little antsy, so I asked him if he wanted to eat dinner. He looked at me and then walked into the kitchen and stood by his high chair. He is so smart!
I had cooked some chicken in the crock pot and knew that it would be very tender, so I tried to give him some. He ate almost a whole chicken tender! Then I made some steamed veggies and he wanted them even before he knew what they were. The box served 2 and it contained green beans, carrots & zucchini. I cut some of it up and he loved it and kept begging for more and more... so I kept giving it to him and to my surprise he at the entire box! That is the most veggies he has ever eaten at once! He even tried the couscous and seemed to enjoy it too!
He sure was a very adventuresome eater today!
Here is a video for your viewing pleasure of Tag eating his veggies. He just looks at them at first and then he gets going... at the end is him screaming for more!
Other accomplishments for today included pulling outlet covers out of the outlets (so much for being child-proof) and learning to turn the floor lamp on and off and on and off and on and off.... you get the picture!
3 comments:
The video is priceless. He is so cool and calm and then all of a sudden he screams.I love it.
Aunt Lea
Gosh, he's cute!!!!
Gran
studious little face in that picture--which is now my desktop. from your description of dinner, I could predict a growth spurt in the near future!
and he is incredibly cute!
Post a Comment