This morning Tag saw my Bible on the counter and asked to read the "Bible book." He proceeded to sit at the Dining Room table and flip through the Bible page by page. He was "talking" in unrecognizable words. So I asked him if he was talking about Jesus. He said "no, I'm just talking with words I know."
Then it was time to get out the door for school. After much prodding (or pushing & threatening) we made it to the car. Once he was strapped in I took a deep breath and told him that I loved him. I then said that I loved that he was "reading" the Bible because it was about Jesus and that I love Jesus and that I wanted him to love Jesus too. It his melt-my-heart sweet voice he said "Mommy, I love you and I do love Jesus." He then proceeded to talk about how he was going to "read" more of the Bible book when he got home.
2 comments:
How precious!
We have been remiss in checking the blog the last few days. Even though you told us about Tag reading the Bible, just seeing it on the blog made our hearts melt as well. He is the sweetest little fella and we are so blessed by him.
Much love to the Roberts Family,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment