Friday, November 7, 2008

October Fun


It is crazy to me that October has come and gone... it went so fast. Tag turned 18 months on 10/13. He is half way to two and it seems that in the last few weeks we are getting a sneak peak at the Terrible Twos. He is still a very happy little guy, but just ornery...he comes by that honestly. You know what they say about payback..
Tag is talking a lot these days. B.J. and I made a list a few weeks ago of the words he could say and we counted over 30 words. It is even more than that now. He is still shoe obsessed. When I bought him the firefighter rain boots he could hardly keep them on, but he was determined. I have actually had to hide them from him otherwise he would want to wear them all the time.
He has developed a love for books, which I love. He also prefers his Daddy to read them which is good for me as well. His favorite book is a Sesame Street book about Elmo and Big Bird. He loves this book and I found it for a $1 at the Goodwill.
In some of the pictures you can see him sitting on the sofa. He is very proud of his new ability to get on to the sofa all by himself. We are constantly reminding him the 'sit on his bottom.' He now can sit still long enough to watch some TV and Sesame Street has beat out The Wonder Pets these days. I can ask him if he wants to watch TV and he'll says "Sesee See" and go straight to the TV. When he hears the opening song come on he bops his head and when the song is over he claps and then sits on the couch. It is pretty cute. The funny thing is I bought him an Elmo doll because of his love for the show but he could care less. He prefers the show and his book.
As I eluded to in an early post, Tag has yet another ear infection. I thought once he made it to 12 months without one then we were in the clear, but I guess not. He has had 4 and since I had tubes as a child he pediatrician suggested we go see an ENT. So next week we'll go see and ENT. If he is going to need tubes it would be nice to do that before the really cold weather arrives.
One of the other pictures shows Tag with 'keese' (keys). Tag will not leave the house in the morning without my keys. So we have a routine and I now carry an extra set of keys. He will not give them to me to start the car until I am sitting in the drivers seat. When we come home he wants to put them on the chest for me. Sometimes he'll get them and go around the house putting them in the key holes of the doors. It can keep him busy for over 30 minutes at a time.
So as you can see Tag has been learning and doing a lot lately. This week he'll already be 19 months old! He isn't a little baby anymore. Although, when he sees his picture he says "baby, baby."
So I'll try to turn over a new leaf in November and blog more often. Until next time....take care!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. He is so cute. We really enjoyed seeing him today at Poggie's. Thanks for bringing him over.

Aunt Lea