Friday, November 21, 2008

The Exception to the Rule

Well we survived! We took Tag in at 6 a.m. this morning to get his tubes. The first obstacle was getting there so early in the morning, I won't say 'bright' and early because it was very much dark when we left our house.
I have been praying for Tag all week that he would do well and that B.J. and I would have a peace during the procedure. All I can say is that God is good. Tag did wonderful. He was happy the entire time and in the recovery room one of the nurses told us that Tag was the "exception to the rule." We had been told repeatedly that he would wake up crying and screaming. When Tag woke up, he was a little groggy, he sat up and looked around. Then he simply said "shooose" indicating that he wanted his shoes. We had brought him to the hospital with his house shoes one. He didn't cry at all while at the hospital and we were so proud of him.
As a Mommy & Daddy it was hard to see him sedated, but I never once got anxious. I was a little taken aback by how silly he was when they gave him the "giggle juice" before taking him back to the surgery room. He started drooling almost immediately and just giggled. I think the name is very appropriate!
I wish that I had my camera. Tag looked so cute in his tiger gown and yellow slipper socks. I did take a picture of him on my camera phone and I couldn't quite figure out how to get it out of my phone.
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts today!

No comments: