Friday night we took Tag to the fair. Neither B.J. or I have ever been big fans of the fair. I never went much growing up and after living within a few blocks of the fair for 6 years now we have learned that the fair only brings traffic, trash and smells to our neighborhood. We went a few years ago and had our fill, but we knew that Tag would really enjoy the fair, so we went.
We walked there and headed straight to the petting zoo. Tag was very interested in all of the animals, but wasn't quite sure what to do. He stared at everything and mostly wanted to play with the little shovels that hang from the fence for people to put the feed on.
This picture is of Tag looking at the Momma Pig feeding all of her babies.

Momma and baby pigs

Tag loved riding the tractor. In the kids area they had a section with lots of ride-on type toys. Tag went straight for the tractor (the biggest toy) and scooted on it most of the time. He also liked the
Flintstones type cars. It was so funny to watch him on the tractor because he was too short to sit on the seat and pedal and he mostly went backwards on it.

Of course we had to try a little fair food. B.J. and I both had a corn dog and to our surprise Tag wanted some too (he had already eaten dinner at home). Then after dinner I spotted an Apple Dumpling with ice cream that I had to try... Tag didn't want any of the apple, but he sure had his fare share of the ice cream. He opened his mouth really wide each time he
wanted a bite.

All in all it was a surprising good time a the fair. We will have to make this a yearly event for Tag's sake. Next year I'm sure that we will have to spring for the $5 pony rides....
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing the great pictures and stories of Tag and your precious family. It's so nice to read and see a snipet of the expressions that Tag has. He's so cute and lovable!
Love,
Gran
Post a Comment