Thursday, March 20, 2008

Baby Tag, Big Stick...

OK, so the title of this post might need some explanation... A few weeks ago my friend V and I were preparing for a baby shower for K. We had decided to have pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and got together to make them. V's son who is almost 3 really liked the pretzel sticks and at the shower started saying "Baby Tag, Big Stick" which was really funny. The shower was at our house, but Tag wasn't in attendance.



So he has been talking about Baby Tag, Big Stick for a several weeks now and isn't just in reference to pretzel sticks, it can be sticks in the yard too.



So, that brings us to yesterday. Maddie was being loud so I gave her a rawhide stick. Then Tag saw it and he wanted it, so he kept taking it from Maddie. So, I gave him one too. He had his pacifier in so I wasn't worried about him eating it. Then Maddie decided she wanted the stick Tag had so she took that one and then it became a tug of war of sorts. All I could think of was "Baby Tag, Big Stick."



Here is a picture of the two of them... Tag and Maddie do get along really great. Maddie is so patient with him and he for the most part is gentle with her. He really loves her. In the morning when he gets up and we go into the family room, he wants to know where she is. She is usually wrapped up tight in a blanket, but I have to coax her out because Tag wants to see her. When he sees her he always has a big smile.
When she goes out side he always crawls to the door and looks for her. He has now started wanting to lay his head on her when he is sleepy and it is really sweet. The picture below is from a few nights ago when he was ready for bed. He kept cuddling with Maddie and laying his face down on her head.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Hooray for Baby Tag Big Stick! He also now thinks that whenever I mention ANY baby that I must be talking about his FAVORITE baby and always starts saying Baby Tag, Baby Tag, Baby Tag over and over again. Of course, don't ask me why when he actually gets to see Baby Tag in person he shuts right up! :) Oh, and in the car today, he told me he had fun with Baby Tag. So sweet.

I love the pics of Tag and sweet Maddie.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh--love the picture of him and Maddie. :)