Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Party Time!

We had Tag's 1st Birthday party on Saturday and it was a great day! We had so much fun and took a ton of pictures. I have some of the best ones here for you to enjoy. The pictures tell most of the story! Luckily it got a little warmer than we expected. The kiddos were able to run and play outside and the bubble machine we got Tag for his b-day was a hit!

I love this picture of Tag walking in the yard with his daddy!

Tag thoroughly enjoyed all of the folding chairs! He especially liked beating on them like drums!
Gran & Pops, Aunt Lea & Uncle Ray and Pogie got Tag a very cool Radio Flyer wagon. Tag thought it was neat and enjoyed sitting in it.
Gaia got Tag a ride on toy (although he would much rather push it) that has a light up propeller that he likes to play with.

He loves talking on phones and thought this was the greatest. He loves pushing it around and putting the phone up to his ear!

Tag sure didn't know what to think about the cake. He didn't hesitate to stick his fingers in the icing and taste it... but after that he just sat there with his fingers in his mouth and a funny expression on his face. We gave him a break and tried it again, but he wasn't interested. He was a good sport about it all and didn't complain too much!

After everyone left, B.J. put some water in Tag's water table (another present from Mommy & Daddy) and Tag thought this was awesome! He was soaking wet after just a little while and it was still a little chilly. It was time to head inside to get dry and warm up!

Of course it wasn't long before Tag had crashed! As usual any attempt to put him in his crib failed. So we took a family nap... Mommy & Tag on the couch and Daddy on the floor. After awhile I got up and Tag continued his nap. What a cutie!

After his nap and a good dinner, I got all of Tag's presents together and had him take a picture with all of his "loot."

I put some of the pictures we have had taken in the past year on the fridge. It is crazy to see how much he has changed in such a short time!

As I think back over the past year, all I can think about is how completely we are blessed with the arrival of Tag in our lives. He is a happy little boy that we enjoy so much! We look forward to many more birthday celebrations with our little man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did of showing what a fun day it was. You and BJ should be so proud of this past year and what you have to show for it. Tag is an awesome little boy and Uncle Ray and I love him very much. Thanks for the wonderful addition to our family. Aunt Lea

Gaia said...

Mother and PawPaw and I enjoy your pictures and commentary so much. It makes up for being so far away. Tag isn't going to spoiled much at all ;) You and B.J. are terrific parents for such a special gift like Tag.