Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Car Ride Conversations


Tag talks a mile a minute... ALL THE TIME!

Car ride conversations are pretty comical and for the most part I cannot remember them long enough to get in the door and write them down.

As I was sitting down just now the conversation we had tonight on the way home was rolling through my head... so for posterity here it is.

Tag - (in whiny voice) I want to go to J's house
Me - Now its time to go home and get ready for bed
Tag - I want to go to J's house tomorrow (still in whiny voice)
Me - Tomorrow is a school day and you'll see J there!!! (super excited voice)
Tag - Why? I went there already
Me - You go to school 3 days in a row! (still using a super excited voice)
Tag - How bout' 5
Me - You want to go to school 5 days in a row?
Tag - Yeah
Me - Wouldn't that be great for both of us!

How he knew that there were 5 days in a normal school week I'll never know. We're at a place where Tag would probably really enjoy going to school 5 days and this exhausted Momma would enjoy that too. However, we do love Tag's school and he has so many wonderful friends that for now we will stick with that... Although every Monday and Friday he does ask why he isn't going to school. Good to know he likes it!

Here is a conversation Tag and I had about school last night on the way home from the grocery store.

We passed Eliot Elementary which happens to be where I went.

Tag - Is that a little school or a big school?
Me - It is a little school
Tag - Ohhhh
Me - That is an elementary school... you go to preschool and next you'll go to elementary school.
Tag - Will I go there?
Me - Maybe, we don't know where you'll go yet. But, did you know that when you go to elementary school you'll stay there 5 whole years.
Tag - WOW!!!!
Me - Yeah and then you'll go to middle school. You'll go there 3 whole years.
Tag - WOW!!!!
Me - And then you'll go to high school and stay there 4 whole years.
Tag - WOW!!!
Me - Then, you'll get to move to Stillwater and go to OSU just like Mommy & Daddy (yes, the brainwashing has begun)
Tag - And then I'll go to Heaven?
Me - Well, Heaven will be a really cool place to go, but I hope you stay here with me for a long time after college.
Tag - Ok Mommy

**Picture above is of Tag in his "tent" He likes for us to build them a lot. We use chairs & a sheet and he has so much fun under there. Maddie likes to sleep under there too!

1 comment:

sacha said...

brainwash away! we need our babies. beila said she'd never leave me.