So, the weather forecast for today was sleet by noon and then snow. We had a few errands to run (weather permitting) but since I wasn't sure what the weather would be up to I didn't rush around. Tag gave me an early Christmas present by sleeping till 9 a.m.! I took this opportunity to sleep until 8:15 a.m.! What a treat! I needed to catch up on my sleep since I've gotten up at 5 a.m. the last three mornings to go to bootcamp.
After we got up and around we headed to the mall. Tag of course wanted to play so I obliged and he got to do some much needed energy releasing. Then we had a few things to get at Target and I was watching my clock so that we would be home by noon when the sleet was supposed to arrive. I looked at my watch at 12:07 as we exited the store and sure enough, it was already sleeting.
Tag DID NOT like the sleet. It did hurt us as we ran to our car. We got home and all he could talk about was the sleet and how we were not going in it. He didn't even want Maddie to go outside in it.
He took a good nap and while he was asleep the snow started coming, and coming and coming. He was mesmerized! The funniest thing was when we let Maddie out and snow would just fall into the house. Tag enjoyed playing with it until his hands good real cold. Then B.J. went outside to shovel a path for Maddie and the front porch. Tag had to watch is every move!



After B.J. came in from shoveling snow we let Tag throw some of his "reindeer food" out on the deck. The snow was coming inside and he did not like the feeling of the cold so as he threw it he stepped back... and we had reindeer food all over the kitchen. If you're wondering, reindeer food is oats & gold glitter (they made it at school). So anyway, he had it all over himself as well. So we stripped him down and decided it was a good time to let him open his first present.


After watching a Christmas show on TV we told Tag it was time to leave a cookie for Santa. We've been talking about how Santa will come tonight while he is asleep and that he will be hungry so we leave him a cookie. But when it was actually time to leave it for Santa and not eat it himself, well... lets just say he didn't like that at all. The picture below shows him forcing a smile while crying.
Here is Tag getting ready for us to read the story of Jesus' birth. He was still crying from leaving the cookie for Santa. We had to give him a snack of cereal to calm him down.
After reading the story of the first Christmas he was much calmer. We are looking forward to Christmas as much as he is. He is really excited to celebrate Jesus' birthday. We've talked about how great Jesus is and that it is so special that on his birthday we get presents. B.J. and I thought it would be fun to bake a birthday cake for Jesus. So we'll let Tag help decorate it tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment